free website stats program Kickstarters... | Harley Davidson Forums

Kickstarters...

Mavagrand

What was the last year Harley's had kickstarters? Tinkering around with my 78 Yamaha today, it got me to thinking about kick starters. It still has one. I know most modern street bikes don't, just wondering what year the MoCo converted over.

What was the last year Harley's had kickstarters? Tinkering around with my 78 Yamaha today, it got me to thinking about kick starters. It still has one. I know most modern street bikes don't, just wondering what year the MoCo converted over.

1986 Wide glide, tho there are kicker kits available for newer models:s

sorry but i gota know. is it a XS750 special?

I cut my motorcycling teeth on brand "Y", the last years of kickers for them was 1981 and yes I loved the XS650...:D

Here's a photo, Lorne. Note the kick start.

Those are great old bikes good luck with your restoration.had an old XS 750 special, bought it for myself on my 21st birthday, would love to still have it and restore it as you are doing. enjoy your project and good luck with it

Back