free website stats program Kickstand adjustment?? | Harley Davidson Forums

Kickstand adjustment??

bobbeidel

Is there any adjustment on the kickstand for a Road King??? My bike seems to roll forward some after the stand is put down, even on level ground!!

Thanks

the "jiffy" stand is designed to do just that.

it will go a bit, and then stop. its fine. leave it alone

Pretty much normal for the creep when using the stand. The lock tab is a loose fit and the bike will move some with the stand down.

Is there any adjustment on the kickstand for a Road King??? My bike seems to roll forward some after the stand is put down, even on level ground!!

Thanks

Yeah, that is the way it is! And the first few times it happened to me after I got the UC, boy did it have me puckered!! But it is OK, and the way it is supposed to be as the guys above have said. Even after all this time, I still find myself grabbing the bike when it happens from time to time.

TQ

Thanks

Roll forward is not normal, having to lean bike the opposite way past level to deploy and tilt what seem to be waayy down IS...there is a keyhole/tab like affair to prevent it from "kicking up" when locked.

May want to check it for wear, if not lubed, it can get pretty worn and ragged looking (make sure the bike securely supported in upright position). There is a procedure to remove an inspect it, just do not lose the clip, spring and bushing/lock...

Last edited:
First HD ?
Thats what makes it work.
The jiffy stand on an HD is a work of art in funtion and will never fail you

Your right on Smitty. The FatBob is my first Harley. Talk about puckered up. I pucker each time I put the stand down. My 700lb baby leans over to a point to where I can't pucker no more. Just had it in for 5000 mile service. They AGAIN checked it out and assured me it's normal. I know, I can sit on it and it ain't going now where. It's just the thought I guess of the Jiffy giving out and over she comes. I know (I hope) that will never happen.

I know the kickstand does lock itself in, but my 2001 HD Road King didn't do this the way my 2006 does. But, I am sure it is somewhat normal. Just seemed scary!

Thanks for the responses!!

the center stand will solve your pucker issues. mine's already fallen, thank GOd I was between the bike and car. the mechanism is sound but for me it's (EDIT) because no bike should roll forward when on its stand IMO. I'm still searching high and low for someone who makes an alternate kick stand because this one un-nerves me way too much.

Please read and understand the info in this link...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
It was like that on my 98 and my 09, my cousin and I went riding, got off my bike and it rolled a little bit and he jumped, thinking my bike was going over.

Back