free website stats program Kicker | Harley Davidson Forums

Kicker

My shovelhead starts on the first kick when there is no one around, on the second if there's less than 5 watching. If more than 10 are out there, I go back inside, cuz it ain't gonna fire :bigsmiley30:

Back when I was a kid I knew a few people that had harleys and also torn tendons from kickstarting them. I remember them saying something about if you didn't have it in the right position it was bad news?

I never had a kick started, all my bikes were jap bikes back then with electric start

My shovelhead starts on the first kick when there is no one around, on the second if there's less than 5 watching. If more than 10 are out there, I go back inside, cuz it ain't gonna fire :bigsmiley30:

Yes I have to agree if knowone is around it does start right up and when others are watching it seems to want to (EDIT) with ya

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Although its been a while since i had a kick start bike my 75 bonnie was a 2 kick start every time but had to adgust points regularly to keep it like that once converted to electronic ignition 3 - 4 kicks to start
British army had armstrong motorcycles in the 80s fitted with a rotax 500cc single cylinder engine lots of torque but the kicker was on the left side of the bike a real bear to start

Brian

Back