free website stats program Khrome Werks vs. Rush slip-ons dyno | Harley Davidson Forums

Khrome Werks vs. Rush slip-ons dyno

mstngjoe

Here are the numbers from the baseline dyno I had done today. No tuning or other mods. Khrome Werks HP+ slip-ons (blue line) vs. Rush 2.0 slip-ons (red line)

The 2nd sheet is the roll-on showing average air fuel ratio.

Just to add....the roll-on is the average a/f ratio in closed loop.

Attachments

• KhromeWerksDyno.jpg
    KhromeWerksDyno.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 193
  • KhromeWerksAFR.jpg
    KhromeWerksAFR.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 120
Last edited by a moderator:
IMO, not much of a difference- Correction factors were 3% apart(.98 vs 1.01), runs were about 3 1/2% apart. Not a significant difference, from what I can see. Which one "feels" better while riding?
Robin

The dyno runs were made to confirm a/f ratio only.

I wasn't all that concerned about hp/tq at this point. The references will be handy after I do a full stage 1 and some cams.

The Khrome Werks pipes sound better, look better and have a better finish than the Rush muffs I replaced.

Butt dyno noticed a very slight improvement out of the hole.

But that could be nothing more than wishful perception. :D

Well, here's my take on it.

Unless the dyno operator reset the AFVs prior to each run on that comparison chart, or unless you'd had the AFV tables nicely populated for the second set as you did the first (assuming you rode it in with the Rushes on, or at least had been riding it a while that way), those charts really don't represent the two products equally.

Even if the AFVs had been reset prior to any of the runs, with no filling of the AFV tables, they still wouldn't represent what you're going to get once the AFV tables get filled in.

Probably the only trace which shows anything truly meaningful at this time is the totally-closed-loop one showing the AFR. But that trace would likely be the same for both setups and reflects the O2 sensor bias voltages programmed into the ECU. Assuming you have parts which don't tax the range of the adaptive fueling.

The KW were run for a couple of weeks before testing. The Rush muffs had several ride outs on them (50 miles or so). I should think the ECM had plenty of input for AFV.

I didn't post the sheet as a testament to power gained or lost with each set of mufflers. I merely wanted to show what the addition of slip-on mufflers did relative to the a/f readings on my bike.

Lots of questions are asked about the effect of such a mod (slip-ons only). Most people don't think it changes the a/f ratio, or if it does the ECM compensates. I thought sharing my results might be helpful for those thinking of making a similiar mod to a similar bike.

Additionally, I'm quite confident in my indy, his expertise and his equipment. Otherwise I'd be using someone else.

One reason I went with the Krome Werks on my FatBob is they are identical to the stock pipes which I love. Second they do sound good. Nice low rumble. Downshift to 2nd and roll the troddle, oh man. The Krome Werks along with S/E AC and PCIII, I gained at least 10 in both torque and HP. Boy doesn she run. Air and Fuel looks good too. Any comments would be appreciated.

Attachments

• dynochart.jpg
    dynochart.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 36
Lots of questions are asked about the effect of such a mod (slip-ons only). Most people don't think it changes the a/f ratio, or if it does the ECM compensates. I thought sharing my results might be helpful for those thinking of making a similiar mod to a similar bike.
You say most people don't think it'll change or that the ECM compensates. I'd say your AFR charts support the notion, but the way you phrased that leads me to believe you might think otherwise. Could you please clarify?

I rarely use absolutes when making statements or offering opinions.

You inferred incorrectly tho. I do not think "otherwise" relative to the a/f ratio readings before/after such a muffler swap.

I swapped out the mufflers on a 2007 883XL with the same results. So I've always been of the opinion that the ECM would compensate for just changing out the mufflers.........in my experience. :s

Now.....does the TC 96 run too lean from the factory???? That's another discussion. :D

I changed out the mufflers for the sound. Nothing more nothing less.

When I'm ready I'll do a/c, cams and fueler.

For now I'm happy with the sound and the way the bike runs.

Back