free website stats program Key West trip | Harley Davidson Forums

Key West trip

Mavagrand

Spent the weekend in Key West for my niece's wedding. The weather was great...about 90* and not a rain cloud in sight. First time in Key West so it was a learning experience (wow!!). Not comfortable with a lot of the night life, but you can't beat the ride and the views down there. Thought I would share the pix with you guys. Ride safe.

Attachments

• DSC00410.jpg
    DSC00410.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC00415.jpg
    DSC00415.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC00420.jpg
    DSC00420.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC00424.jpg
    DSC00424.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC00461.jpg
    DSC00461.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 70
We did that trip on March 1st of 2009, bad timing, northeaster that week, so windy, we thought we were going to die, the wind would blow you across the yelow line

how 'bout them chickens? ;) (and the roosters) hehehehhehe

Funny you mention the chickens..my wife kept taking pictures of them, had to chase one down just for a photo. I live in the country and told her we would get some chickens. Now the roosters...naaaaaa, don't need no roosters. :)

Thanks Mavagrand for the pic's.

Like I said previously, my brother is flying in from Las Vegas and we are heading to Key West from Galveston October 31 after we stop for the Lone Star Rally, hugging the Gulf Coast the whole way. Stopping in Lakeland Fla. to pick up our Uncle. He loves Key West and will be our tour guide. I'm an old parrot head and will be looking for all things Buffett.

Any suggestions for a nice dinner and (ice) cold beer? My brother thinks he'll be catching and cooking our dinner every night.

Last edited:
Thanks Mavagrand for the pic's.

Any suggestions for a nice dinner and (ice) cold beer? My brother thinks he'll be catching and cooking our dinner every night.

Sounds like you guys have planned a great trip. Your gonna love Florida in Oct/Nov (long as there are not hurricanes, been slow this year so you should be OK). It is a surprisingly long ride from Lakeland to the Key West (figure 8 - 9 hours) and, once you get to Key Largo, you may think you've arrived but you still have 2.5 hrs till you get to Key West. It is a good ride all the way. If you want a scenic route take US Hwy 27 all the way to I75..it is a little longer but a better see than the Turnpike. Once your in Key West try the "Red Fish Blue Fish" restaurant (corny name but the Corona was nice and cold). They were good for us. Margaritaville was closed for remodelling but should be open for you. Stay away from SloppyJoe's it is overrated and LOUD. By the way, bring your debit card, it is expensive down there.
Your bro may be right. My niece and her husband went on a snorkelling/fishing trip. Caught plenty of fish AND two lobsters. have fun

Made that trip the first week on January this year. Had a wonderful time, but the ride home to Ohio was rather chilly.

It is a surprisingly long ride from Lakeland to the Key West (figure 8 - 9 hours) and, once you get to Key Largo, you may think you've arrived but you still have 2.5 hrs till you get to Key West.

We're going from Lakeland to Miami in the morning, hitting South Beach, spending the night and heading out over the ocean right when the sun is breaking on the horizon.

If you want a scenic route take US Hwy 27 all the way to I75, it is a little longer but a better see than the Turnpike.

Yea, we are trying to avoid major highways the whole way.

Once your in Key West try the "Red Fish Blue Fish" restaurant (corny name but the Corona was nice and cold).

(one fish, two fish) Red Fish Blue Fish it is, I'll tell them you gave them the thumbs up!

Stay away from SloppyJoe's it is overrated and LOUD.

I'm with you, I'm not interested in being "seen" partying and having to scream to be heard. I'm there to relax, turn my chair to the east in the morning to watch the sun come up, and turn it to the west in the evening to watch it go down. Keep the beer cold and have some nice meals in between, if we can catch our food all the better.

Thanks for the reply!

Back