free website stats program Key Probelm!! | Harley Davidson Forums

Key Probelm!!

GregoryS

Last night I wanted to install the singal lights in the front.
When done so I tested and they where on but not signaling.

Anyway, once i took the key out, I cant put it in anymore.
It goes about 1/8th inside and not anymore.

It is a round key.

Any ideas.

Thank for your help.

Check to see if the tab on the key and the tumbler and also the slot in the lock housing are all lined up the same so the key will fit in. Maybe a bit of WD 40 in the lock may help.

It's just a matter of looking at the lock itself and see if the tab slot in the middle piece is lined up with the corrisponding slot in the housing.

Sometimes the key comes out before the switch is completely off and it is hard to get it back in again.

One way around this is to file the tab off the key that is at the end most position so the key will go in and out in any position. It may be necessary to do this if the center piece of the lock is not at the normal "OFF" position so you can access the lock. The cylinder just will not hold the key captive if the tab is removed but will still work.

Last edited:
It's just a matter of looking at the lock itself and see if the tab slot in the middle piece is lined up with the corrisponding slot in the housing.

Sometimes the key comes out before the switch is completely off and it is hard to get it back in again.

If the tab slot is in the middle is not lined up, would I just play with the hosing?

If the tab slot is in the middle is not lined up, would I just play with the hosing?

Read my post above your last post again. I added to it while you replied.

You may be able to use something like a pin or tiny screwdriver to move the center portion to the full off position so the key goes in again.

Back