free website stats program key less ignition and relocation | Harley Davidson Forums

key less ignition and relocation

i have a 2005 VRSCSE and the ignition is located under the seat. does anybody know if there is a kit to move the ignition switch to the location of the current models out. and the current models out have the key less ignition located behind the water cooler.

Attachments

• 09 model.jpg
    09 model.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 20
I don't know if this is anything that you may be interested in but check with digital guard dawg for a keyless ignition system. It is RF operated.

I just have the Digital Guard Dawg security for my bike. It is just an starter immolbizer. The upgraded keyless ignition is a complete remote ignition system

I dont think you can go to the new type ignition system HD does not offer a kit that will allow you to do so, I think that your system has 2 relays and the new style has 1 relay , I agree with the others here that Guard Dawg would be your best option Model # DGD KIM Keyless Ing.. with security, would be the fitment for your bike , No key no worry.

I'm sorry but i don't like the digital guard dawg. I am some what of a tech freak and i know that their is ways to copy that digital key. The system that digital guard dawg uses is a system called RFID (radio frequency identification). The key itself is always on and giving out the code. all some one needs is a pocket reader and laptop to copy your key. Read this article that i found where they warn businesses about the hacks. Security Breach: Is Your Business Protected? Why RFID Card Systems Fail - Associated Content

You did not say anything about theft being your concern in your post , this would be another thread so to speak ,but if you are worried about your Vrod being stolen the odds are very much on your side ,statics show the only one harley davidson model even makes it to the top 25 motorcycles to be stolen and that is the Fatboy , Honda and Suzuki top the list in with the 600cc to 750cc class being tops then the hyabusa.and R-1 Yamaha 70% of motorcyles in genaral are less the 3 yrs old that are stolen.and recovery rate is 23%,in Most short term situations a simple disk lock is deturant enough, if you go to larger biker events that would be more of a concern ,I would look in to a tracking device .Most comon motorcycle thefts occur at gas stations, second most comon would be bikes that are left in public veiw for long periods of time , If you are really concered about theft of your motorcycle I would opt for full replacement value on your insurance coverage .

I agree with Crocker. If you are that parnoid about your bike going missing then you should either sell it so that you don't loose sleep over it or get full replacement coverage.

i do have the full replacement insurance on my bike. and my coverage also includes an automatic $3000 extra for add ons and acc on top of the price of the bike. i just don't trust the DGD system for myself. I see it as taking away protection from the bike. i did not start this thread to be worried about security, i started this thread because i am going to upgrade to the 5gal tank and i need to move my ignition form under the seat and i love the spot that the newer v-rods have the ignition and they don't require to have the key in the whole time.

Back