free website stats program Key immobiliser symbol on dash | Harley Davidson Forums

Key immobiliser symbol on dash

2010 SB no click fob. Last couple of times I have switched on, press run switch, pressed started and bike starts but the key symbol still shows on the dash. Should I take it back under warranty?

lol...... well I was nearly right..

Cheers - what a great forum. Thinking about it, it has only been happening since they replaced my bars after I complained that they were scratched on my new bike.

Got a phone call this morning....

The idiot that fitted the rack, sissy bars and saddlebag supports, forgot to clip the rear left indicator wire into the clip and with the suspension going up and down, it rubbed through and caused a short. :(

That will teach me to try to do it quickly. Luckily, although they spent about 2.5 hours in total, they charged me for 1.5. It was still a mistake to the tune of £125 -$190:shock

I suppose that would have charged me that much to fit it in the first place so we live and learn.

I was told that it is common for people to remove the plastic trunking under the rear fender and try to glue it back on, with it resulting in coming off and rubbing again on the rear tyre.

why did you get charged for a warranty problem? :shock

Not positive but I think the Admiral was saying He was the one who fitted the rack. sissy bars etc, so it was his fault.
It could have been worse if the TSSM had gotten blown from the short. A lesson that just goes with the territory. It's happen to everyone.

Back