free website stats program Key Fob Battery Replacement | Harley Davidson Forums

Key Fob Battery Replacement

aspybay

I was in the Tucson H-D Dealer last week without my bike and asked to purchase a couple of new batteries for my fobs. The chap at the parts counter told me I needed to have my bike so the service guys could reprogram the new batteries....sounded fishy to me...checked the manual and it makes no mention of this.

Do I need to reprogram when I change batteries???? Confused Canadian in Arizona.

Sometimes the folks at the Parts Counter try to pretend they are old pros on bikes and talk some real trash. Others really are old pros. Always great to find the latter, and just ignore the former!!

TQ

Just stop at the closest drug/grocery or mega store and get #2032 batteries. Usually come 2 to a pack for about $4. HD parts guy will charge about 5x that. You open the fob with a coin.

Last edited:
As Breeze said...would you believe 99 cent Store sells a 3 pack for $0.99 which is a REALLY a good deal...:s

I get them at work for nothing. I'll send you one free of charge! Be sure to put the positive side down when you install it in the slot.

Thanx for all your help folks, I should have known, the same guy told me last year when I was here and needed to replace a broken headlight that I had to remove the fairing to do so....came back to the ranch and simply removed the chrome ring and did the repairs myself.....Now its official, Tucson H-D will be avoided from now on!!

Thanx for all your help folks, I should have known, the same guy told me last year when I was here and needed to replace a broken headlight that I had to remove the fairing to do so....came back to the ranch and simply removed the chrome ring and did the repairs myself.....Now its official, Tucson H-D will be avoided from now on!!

Just curious,,,but why would you even want to deal with this person at all if he keeps leading you in the wrong direction with his statements? After the head light , I would have written him off......jmo

The dealership is the only show in town and each time I'm there, which is not often, he is the guy at the counter. As I mentioned, won't be going back there now.

If that's the best advice they can give you, you'd be better off buying a magic eight-ball.:D

Back