free website stats program Kendon Trailer Ramp | Harley Davidson Forums

Kendon Trailer Ramp

franka

I own a 2up Kendon Standup Trailer with the original very narrow ramp.. It's virtually impossible for one person to load an HD Road King by yourself. I bought the trailer new in 2007 for $2.000.00. Kendon has an upgrade ride up ramp but they want $900.00 almost half what I paid for the trailer!
Looking for a ride up ramp under $500.00 that would work with a Kendon trailer, any suggestions?

Have you looked into something like produce loading ramps? You can cut to length.
When I was going to make an entry into our shed, I was given a loading ramp from a delivery truck.
I used that thing more for loading and unloading things from my truck and trailer that I need to get another for the shed.

I never had a problem riding my 97 RK up the ramp, backing it off was another story. My two up Kendon is older than yours so may be some changes between the years. I would look at adding a second ramp in the middle. Mostly because for nine hundred dollars I could get the materials and buy a small wire feed welding machine from the local lumber yard. You might ask a friend to build one for you. My ramps hook into a "wire rod" loop on the back of the trailer and you could get both ramps on the bolts that hold the ramp you now have. The center ramp has much smaller load requirements than the one the bike goes up so with a little practice even a novice welder should be able to get the job done.

They also have a 6’ and 8’, most likely I’ll go with the six foot to avoid bottoming out.

Back