free website stats program Keihin butterfly carb question | Harley Davidson Forums

Keihin butterfly carb question

alto

Does anyone know if the brass/needle valve 'seat' is removable....either pressed in or, threaded?...can't get the float/needle valve ( new four sided needle valve) to seat. I just had a machine shop clean up that brass seat but.....no luck...any suggestions?...1983 Harley Roadster.
Thanks for listening.

Glider..thank you..there are no slots. It's dead flat. Even though I had a pro machine shop indicate, hone the seat hole, it still looks a bit out of round to me...in final desperation, I think I'll try to pick up some brass tubing,and fit to solder it into the seat hole....I've been trying to fix this thing all summer....can't afford a new carb at this point....last ditch effort..then the bike gets stored until I can afford a new carb. I've done everything I could to solve the problem of overflow.

Alto, I did some looking around after I read your post. It seems that there is replacement seats for Keihin carbs, but I didn't find one for HD. And the pics I saw look like it's a press fit. This link may show you something.
Is it possible that your float is misadjusted, or has a pinhole that allowed fuel to get in and lessen the buoyancy? I'll keep an eye out for a carb. or parts for you.

Thank you!...I really appreciate the help and advice from all on this site.
I've had the bowl off a zillion times,,,the float is solid and no fuel inside it.I've tried a million float settings and, no luck. I am going to try soldering a new brass tube inside the seat tube. I may have to enlarge the original seat hole a bit.".it will be a last ditch effort as I've tried everything else....the carb is no good to me as is....Plus, I'm so tired of trying"and failing to get this bike running. If there were a big cliff around............I'd wave as the bike hurled toward the bottom. And walk away, whistling.

Alto, I did some looking around after I read your post. It seems that there is replacement seats for Keihin carbs, but I didn't find one for HD. And the pics I saw look like it's a press fit. This link may show you something.
Is it possible that your float is misadjusted, or has a pinhole that allowed fuel to get in and lessen the buoyancy? I'll keep an eye out for a carb. or parts for you.

Thank you for the PM. I will, certainly look into your link!

Back