free website stats program K&n rk-3910 | Harley Davidson Forums

K&n rk-3910

Jdsmitty10

Does anyone have any experience with the K&N RK-3910?? Looks like you keep the outside chrome piece and will have the open filter behind it. Is that correct? Anyone have any pics of one installed on thier bike??

Heres the link..
RK-3910 - K&N Custom Assemblies, Filter Kit - Harley Davidson

Found it on ebay new for only 150 something...

not bad considering I like the stock air cleaner look but want to go stage 1.

Just want opinions/experiences before dropping the cash

Yes, that unit uses the stock air filter cover.

Ok, I understand I use the stock cover, but behind the cover, its black on my bike now(stock), but with this setup, will it be the filter showing like an open filter type of aircleaner? THats what it looks like on the K&N website, just want to make sure...
Thanks!

Ok, I understand I use the stock cover, but behind the cover, its black on my bike now(stock), but with this setup, will it be the filter showing like an open filter type of aircleaner? THats what it looks like on the K&N website, just want to make sure...
Thanks!

I installed that same filter assembly on my 09 Deluxe over the winter. It does make the stock cover stick out one half inch more. Hasn't been a problem. You can see about a half inch of the red filter element at the back edge of the cover. It is not all that noticeable tho.

I have been leaning toward getting the k&n rk3910 which uses the stock air cleaner cover(which is kind of what i like the look of). The fuel moto stage 1 air cleaner can use the stock cover too, and also can use after market round ones(therefore giving me the option to change the look later on). What would everyone choose in this position?

by the way, the dyno chart for the k&n claims 12 hp gain, and the fuel moto one claims around 7 i think. Dont know how much of those to base my decision on though.

Thanks everyone.

well i bit the bullet finally and decided to order the fuel moto stage 1 set up for $319. Includes the fuel moto efi tuner and the fuel moto stage 1 air cleaner. Hope i made the right choice. Should be at my door step by friday or saturday..cant wait.

Thanks to all you experts who helped me out with my 1000s of questions the last couple weeks...

now i get to sit here in anticipation...................................................

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: bit the bullet

well i bit the bullet finally and decided to order the fuel moto stage 1 set up for $319. Includes the fuel moto efi tuner and the fuel moto stage 1 air cleaner. Hope i made the right choice. Should be at my door step by friday or saturday..cant wait.

Thanks to all you experts who helped me out with my 1000s of questions the last couple weeks...

now i get to sit here in anticipation...................................................

I might have missed it but do you already have pipes? I think Fuelmoto has some packages that also include the pipes and give you the whole Stage I in one package.

I might have missed it but do you already have pipes? I think Fuelmoto has some packages that also include the pipes and give you the whole Stage I in one package.

ya you missed it in my signature, big radius 2-2's. :D I bolted those on last summer thinking a full stage 1 would be more money than i just payed..

thanks for the suggestion though..

Watch the clearance - 1/2" doesn't seem like much, but it might get in the way of your Right leg. Not much of a big deal, if you don't mind it rubbing...

Back