free website stats program k&n air cleaner | Harley Davidson Forums

k&n air cleaner

Painter61

I recently put a k&n air filter in my o6 sporty how often should I clean it out,in the original air filter I would try to clean it every six months or when the oil starts leaking through it. I ride it every day to and from work rain or shine.

I recently put a k&n air filter in my o6 sporty how often should I clean it out,in the original air filter I would try to clean it every six months or when the oil starts leaking through it. I ride it every day to and from work rain or shine.

NEWHD has you covered here, unless you ride a lot of dirt roads:s

Is the K&N better than a standard filter? What is the difference?

You will never have to buy another filter, just wash it let it dry and re oil it, Yep, the best money can buy and the first thing I change on all my bikes:s

You will never have to buy another filter, just wash it let it dry and re oil it, Yep, the best money can buy and the first thing I change on all my bikes:s
Hey Jack - just a short note - while at doc's office yesterday, say a guy with t-shirt from Sturgis, 2010 - it said "Nuff Sedd" - spelled Sedd - I thought about you. ;-)

have a great weekend
Bill

Hey Jack - just a short note - while at doc's office yesterday, say a guy with t-shirt from Sturgis, 2010 - it said "Nuff Sedd" - spelled Sedd - I thought about you. ;-)

have a great weekend
Bill

Thats funny Bill , Thanks:s

The stock filter is disposable the K&N is reusable. The K&N has higher air flow and is considered a "performance" a/c. You buy a K&N recharge kit for about $15 and it includes a pump spray bottle of cleaner and a bottle of their a/c oil. You pull the a/c off the bike, spray the cleaner on the outside of the filter, let it sit for 15 minutes and then rinse it off with warm water. After you shake out the excess water you lte the filter air dry. When it's dry, you follow the instructions to re-oil it. It's real easy.

just let me explain it , in 80's 90's all vakum cleaner filters were reusable then all air filter sytems goes to the paper and poly filters WHY ? because for now the most efficient way to filter the air is paper filters for best flow and filtering , think that even best cars have air filters of paper
all in all if a filter is reuseable it is not paper and it cant be efficent as a paper filter

just let me explain it , in 80's 90's all vakum cleaner filters were reusable then all air filter sytems goes to the paper and poly filters WHY ? because for now the most efficient way to filter the air is paper filters for best flow and filtering , think that even best cars have air filters of paper
all in all if a filter is reuseable it is not paper and it cant be efficent as a paper filter

Thats not true, K N has done the R D and have been around for years and make a quality product that out flows paper and should last a lifetime or 1 million mile guarantee :s

Back