free website stats program Just Wondering | Harley Davidson Forums

Just Wondering

Smooth Air

Hey Guys & Gals

Was wondering if anyone has had a problem when they put N4 cams in with stumbling. When I get around 1800 to 2400 rpm my bike stumbles and if I am not running it wide open it likes to back fire some. I advanced the timing a little and it did help but still not right. The carb has been rejetted so I don't think that is an issue. The bike is a sport so it has the double plugs. Do I need a different coil? :help Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Smooth Air

Hey Guys & Gals

Was wondering if anyone has had a problem when they put N4 cams in with stumbling. When I get around 1800 to 2400 rpm my bike stumbles and if I am not running it wide open it likes to back fire some. I advanced the timing a little and it did help but still not right. The carb has been rejetted so I don't think that is an issue. The bike is a sport so it has the double plugs. Do I need a different coil? :help Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Smooth Air

Are the valves adjusted correctly, and are the timing marks all lined up right?

I really don't know. I'm thinking the only benift would be you could open a little higher and faster but would that not make my problem even worse?
Just asking.

Yeah, just thinking out loud here, check the coil with a spray bottle with water, see if it misses, and check the plug wires reall close if you have an ohm meter bend them a bit and see if it changes the readings

Did you figure it out?:s

And IF you haven't I'd Check for an Intake leak...
I like the fully adjustable push rods.
Has the upper end been apart and MAYBE The issue IS with the Stacking differences of the New gaskets Making for Better Use of the adjustable issue,,, Just another thought.

signed....BUBBIE

Back