free website stats program Just ordered an UltraCool oil cooler | Harley Davidson Forums

Just ordered an UltraCool oil cooler

Mavagrand

Summer is here in Florida, the temps are already in the mid 90s. After almost four years of whining and complaining about the heat from my 08 EGC, I finally installed a Stage 1 last month. Wow! It really made a difference in the "seat of the pants" temperature, I could actually feel the engine was cooler especially at red lights. I'm not kidding, for the past four years she would go into HM at almost every stop that I made when riding in the summer. Not with that Stage 1, she's not went into HM once.
Having said that, I'm planning a trip to New Orleans in September, gonna head up the West coast of Florida, through Mobile Bay and into Mississippi/NewOrleans. I know the traffic in Pensacola Beach and Panama City can be vicious and I don't wanna sit in traffic wondering about my engine. So....I bit the bullet and bought the Ultra Cool. Been looking at it for years, I like the fan so decided to buy it. Talked to Robert, he seems like a nice guy. Said the cooler should be here by Friday, so I got a weekend project. I'll keep you guys posted. Ride Safe.

Perfect timing, I want to hear all about it. I'm also in Florida getting bike ready for another Sturgis trek in August. Have 09 Ultra with stage 1 using Mobil 1 synthetic. On the fence between HD cooler with Lenale fan or Ultra oil cooler. Right now leaning toward Lenale HD combo because of simplicity and preference for HD parts and not enough reports from satisfied ultra cooler users. Anyone with input on this?
WAP.gif

Glider, I spoke with Zoood, thanx for the tip.

Merlynn, if your in Florida you know of what I speak. The heat in the summer is killer. Glad you've installed that Stage 1 and are using Mobil 1 syn, that is probably the best way to deal with the heat. I thought about the HD cooler but it doesn't work when I need it most, when sitting still. that's why I've been looking at this UltraCool for a couple of years, like the thought of a thermostatically controlled oil cooler fan. It should be in by this weekend, so I will let you know how the install goes and give you periodic updates on it.
I will say that Zoood has fabricated his own system using a Jagg cooler and a commercial fan..you can check out his Trike post for further information on that.

Back