free website stats program Just ordered a True-Track | Harley Davidson Forums

Just ordered a True-Track

JimmyDee

Trying to get rid of that "flat rear tire'' feeling on my Roadglide, should be here by Wednesday. Installation looks pretty straight forward for a novice, but I have had things similar to this suprise me before. If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them.
Have a great day.!
Jim

Trying to get rid of that "flat rear tire'' feeling on my Roadglide, should be here by Wednesday. Installation looks pretty straight forward for a novice, but I have had things similar to this suprise me before. If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them.
Have a great day.!
Jim

Welcome Jimmy to the HDTimeline forum. Looked up in Search tab at the top and found this Self Help tip to give you a bit of a background on the subject. Keep in touch as to how your mods went.:D

http://www.hdtimeline.com/chassis_suspension_and_front_end/29690-true_track_installation.html

This sounds like a worth while peice of equipment. I've been thinking of putting a Progressive Suspension Touring Link on my '04 Electra Glide for the same problem. Does anyone know how these 2 compare? I know the Progressive is less expensive. And does the True track hang below the frame any considerable amount?
Thanks

I installed the "Trackula" set from True-Track on my '03 UC in '08. Made a huge difference in the ride. On my bike, the kit has a frame that bolts to the rear of the oil pan with replacement screws. The link is attached to this and to a "dog bone" that is fastened in the frame channel cross-member. This is exactly like that show in the link above. The right side of mine has been scraped a number of times from some hard turns, but only on the structural member that is very beefy anyway. No issue in my opinion.

But I also like the rest of the set which was a replacement for the swingarm bushings, swingarm pivot shaft, isolators and the front motor mount. All those changes together really solidified the ride.

TQ

The link NewHavenHD posted says the problem exist on FL models 94-2005. I ride an 07 FLHRC and have never experienced any wobble or back end rolling out. My question is, did the motor company add a stabilizer or change the swing arm in order to remove this issue beginning with 06 models? Do I need to consider installing one of these even though I've never experienced the "wobble"?

Have a great day.!
Jim

Don't know whether I should attempt the install or not, heck I can't even remember what kinda bike I have. It is going on my '08 Streetglide, guess I just had a Roadglide on my mind.
Anyway, the kit just arrived so I'm starting the install in about 10 minutes, (once I figure out which bike is mine)!!:small3d011:

Back