free website stats program Just checking in | Harley Davidson Forums

Just checking in

Gregorylr

New member here! Love reading about problems guys have figured out on their own,and seeing how they went about it. Big believer in fixing things your own damn self, I admire the things some DIY guys have been able to accomplish !Just welded up rear fender on the FXR ,I had relocated the turn signals and had them low on back fender. Fender cracked 3 places after a few years .So I moved em up below lic plate where it's reinforced.3 big long cracks about 4 in long on rear fender rattling like hell! I clamped cracks together and stitch welded them shut .Got good results w flux core wire on my Hobart 140 Handler ,120 v. Drilled a few holes and plug welded a reinforcement plate on under the fender. Strong now , ready to blend it in with some paint!

I got a buddy who worked with the RR,and was a mechanic.My question is,do YOU have all your fingers? Greetings from Illinois.

I got a buddy who worked with the RR,and was a mechanic.My question is,do YOU have all your fingers? Greetings from Illinois.
I do have all my fingers,thank God! No cartlidge left in knees,burn scars all over body from torch work .Hearing loss . But I really enjoyed working outside everyday and getting trains running! I feel blessed.The guys were great.

Back