free website stats program Just bought one | Harley Davidson Forums

Just bought one

Drew

Hello all-
I took the MSF course last September, and have not ridden since. I just bought a 2008 XL883C!!!I was initially thinking of buying a Dyna, as other's said I would be fine starting on a bike that size, but thought I should start on something smaller, as the MSF course is the only experience I have. The sporty just felt right to me when I sat on it. Maybe I will feel compelled to upgrade at some point, but I love the looks of the sporty, and look forward to successful relationship with it!

I am a very cautious driver, and would be ATGATT, full face helmet, etc. I have two small kids at home, so I will do everything in my power to decrease the risks this sport inherently has. I have read Proficient Motorcycling, and A Twist of the Wrist. I would say I took to riding a motory cycle very well in class. But I must admit, I'm a little nervous to make that first venture into traffic. I am athletic and well coordinated (and have always driven a stick shift car... so the clutch/throttle dynamic came fairly easy to me) so I hope that serves me well. My stats:

35 yr. old male
6'1" and a solid 210 pounds

I have not taken delivery of the bike, as I have nowhere to put it right now. The anticipation is killing me! I can't wait to get going!

regards,
Drew

Last edited:
Welcome! I ride a 883 - 55ci as well and love mine. Some day I may go bigger but the 60mpg with enough power to feel safe on the highway is hard to beat.

Great!..welcome here, and Good Luck, and Good riding. I know you'll love it...This motorcycle stuff is really addicting...lol btw...buy some chrome...lol:D

Great!..welcome here, and Good Luck, and Good riding. I know you'll love it...This motorcycle stuff is really addicting...lol btw...buy some chrome...lol:D

Good advice...while you're waiting for the bike, it's a good time to start paying the Harley tax!

Congratulations Drew!!! You're gonna be fine. I am learning to ride my new one too. I havent taken the safety coarse yet. Its booked till Sept.

Back