free website stats program just another seat idea | Harley Davidson Forums

just another seat idea

JJDH

i have the 2010 street glide. i am 5'5", and stocky, so gettin my feet on the ground isnt easy. instead of buying the reach or sundowner seat i found an easy alternative to spending the few hundred on either of those which imho arent attractive to look at since the passenger portion is so bulky.
under the front portion where the battery is there are four pegs that are a part of the seat mold. those pegs hlod the seat about 3/4 of an inch above the frame. after inspecting thoroughly i determined those werent entirely necessary. i took my dremel with a cabide cut wheel and cut em off. then i took the leather part way off the seat, did some shaving in key areas, re-stapled the leather, so i am about 1" lower in the seat which actually makes a big difference..its a bike, ur supposed to customize it :D

i hope you have added some felt or similar between the seat base and frame rail to stop it scuffing the frame?
anyways great idea well excuted and yep its a bike and yep they need customizing :D

PS i suffer the same issue 5.5 :D
felt to stop frame scuff is a good idea, the seat still rests the same as it did, just lower.. i noticed u lowered ur bike.. any how to links? i am not sure how the forks work, to lower them. also did it affect the handling of the bike? say in higher speed turns?

I had purchased the reach seat for my ultra which brought me an inch or so lower , i am 5 '6 so it was all i really needed , but having the road zepplin off it was a shame as the reach seat isnt near as comfortable , I did the next obvious thing and added an inch to the soles of my boots , they are new soles so the one inch is hidden and now i am back riding with the zepplin seat ...........

I had purchased the reach seat for my ultra which brought me an inch or so lower , i am 5 '6 so it was all i really needed , but having the road zepplin off it was a shame as the reach seat isnt near as comfortable , I did the next obvious thing and added an inch to the soles of my boots , they are new soles so the one inch is hidden and now i am back riding with the zepplin seat ...........
the one inch in the shoes is cool, my bro in law told me to get platforms.... i couldnt even respond to that suggestion

Back