free website stats program Just adding Exhaust | Harley Davidson Forums

Just adding Exhaust

Fireguy

Do I need to add the intake and flash the ecu just to put slip on mufflers for my 2008 UC. If I am only going for a better sound why do everything else. The mass air flow sensor is still contected and I am not changing anything before it. The bike still has the same air to fuel ratio as before but the exhaust is different. I know it would give me better performance with the whole stage 1 kit but for what I want right now is this ok?

All that being said, I put off the stage 1, but I did and feel you will really enjoy the stage 1 upgrade. The low end torque is alot better than the stock configuration. It is the best $400 you can spend for your motor in my opinion.

What we tell customers at work is if you change pipes or mufflers only- you don't need a tuner. If you do a se breather only you don't need a tuner. But if you do both, you need to get either a race tuner or the V&H fuel pack.

If you do add exhaust be wary of Samson.
a. They may not fit properly.
b. They do NOT support their products!
Ask me how I know.

Have Added Rush Slip Ons To My 08 Classic With No Problems Except Occassional Popping Of The Exhaust On Decel,most Noticeable After Having Accelerating Hard,everyday Running Seems To Be Ok.

I to just put Rush slip-ons on my 08 UC. I'm get decel popping, but honestly I had it with the factory mufflers it just wasn't as noticeable.
I did nothing to the bike except bolted mufflers on.
Ask my stealer service department they stated if it runs good don't worry about reprogramming, just ride it.:small3d026: Also to my surprise wifey says she like the way they sound, I thought she would complain.

Ask my stealer service department they stated if it runs good don't worry about reprogramming.

That's a very dangerous statement for them to make. Your interpretation of running good and mine are two differing opinions. There's lots of riders that feel their bike runs better than most when in reality they are lean. While lean fuel mixtures will give better performance in some cases, it's not possible to determine if the mixture is correct using the dealers theory with any accuracy.

Back