free website stats program jiffy stand bushings | Harley Davidson Forums

jiffy stand bushings

jerryw618

Any alternatives to the $16.00 brass bushings that are used on the jiffy stand ??? i need to replace them again , in just like 2 years and i think 16.00 is a lot for a couple of tiny bushings

Any reason for them wearing out? Do you grease the stand when you do maintenance?

dont know why they are wearing out? i did and do lube them but this will be my 2nd set not counting the originals that were totally gone when i got the bike .

Any alternatives to the $16.00 brass bushings that are used on the jiffy stand ??? i need to replace them again , in just like 2 years and i think 16.00 is a lot for a couple of tiny bushings

Tell you what I would try. The company where my wife used to work (Applied Industrial Technologies) has branches in many cities across the US. I used to take bushings, sleeves and bearings into the walkin counter and they would match me up right on the spot. Have very reasonable prices (even if your wife don't work there). Especially if you buy like 5 of um.

You using that jiffy stand like a kick start LOL I never heard of anyone wearing them out like that before. If you figure out whats going on please let us all know

You using that jiffy stand like a kick start LOL I never heard of anyone wearing them out like that before. If you figure out whats going on please let us all know

thanks for a good laugh , no its just used as the stand , I have no idea why they wore out so quickly , now the bottom one is completely gone some of the top one there , ill be replacing them this weekend , i'll give an update once i get it apart ill look for anything unusual

Pardon me but I can not find anything regarding jiffy stand bushing on my 2000 FLH. I have looked in the parts book and the service manuel, nothing. Clue me in please.
Ken

I been thinking, You ride on dirt roads much or live on one? That could cause a lot of abrasive to build up inside and cause premature wear?? Just a thought

Back