free website stats program I've joined the group! | Harley Davidson Forums

I've joined the group!

FLHXSrider

Contributor
I did my first ever 3 hole oil change myself using Amsoil 20W-50, Severe Gear, and an Amsoil filter for all 3 holes. I was hoping to try and get some Spectro for the 6spd but didn't have time. I was a bit nervous but had my Dad handy in case there was trouble. The tip about using the Impact Driver on the Derby cover and the pop bottle for the filter, really helped a ton so thanks to all who suggested it. I can now put my service money towards better things (like more gas for riding!). :bigsmiley24:

Good for you!!!! I bet your bike is running better than ever and you know that the service has been done properly....:)
Did you lube the stem bearings?????

Good on you & another +++ is the work is done correctly. Read/hear way too many horror stories on simple vehicle service/maint @ dealers. You'd think they'd make sure to get it correct...especially when a person entrusts their pride/joy w/them & reputation brings back, or drives away business.

Congrats, you have just entered a new realm. You are gonna have a new expense hobby, TOOLS. As time goes on you will move on into different areas of 'fix-un or modifying' and you will get to know your bike on a more personal basis.

Nice going. I always feel better when I do things myself.

Good for you!!!! I bet your bike is running better than ever and you know that the service has been done properly....:)
Did you lube the stem bearings?????

Ummm, no. :unsure I hope it's o.k. not to. I was just doing the oils. It's not quite time for my 20K miles yet, or should it still be done?

Congrats, you have just entered a new realm. You are gonna have a new expense hobby, TOOLS. As time goes on you will move on into different areas of 'fix-un or modifying' and you will get to know your bike on a more personal basis.

I'm lucky for the most part about tools. My Dad has a ton of tools (he services his Ultra also) and my ride is parked in his garage :small3d006:

Back