free website stats program It comes from all sides. | Harley Davidson Forums

It comes from all sides.

Redfish-Joe

We are aware of the dangers that approach from all sides but me and my bud almost got it from a different angle today.

We were on our way back home from The Shed for lunch. We were going down I-10 and as we just crossed a bridge. I noticed the lane I was in was glistening and got a smell of diesel. We were traveling about 75 and had the cruise on when I felt the bike get a very light feeling in the bars. I managed to disengage the cruise and slowly merge into a clear lane. He was right behind me. We slowed until we felt the tires clear up....what a feeling. Like being on ice.

Anyway we made it thru ok. I only hope that rather large pucker mark in my seat will come out after sitting in the sun.:D

That was a total feeling of helplessness. I have never done it but I would describe the feeling as hitting ice. We had time to see what was going on, to feel what was happening below us and trying to get out of the situation all at the same time. The road was clear ahead except for the diesel on the road but there were cars on each side of us.

Usually if someone does something stupid in front of you you don't have much time to think or react. There was just too much going thru my feeble mind during those several seconds. Don't want to do that again!!

Back