free website stats program Issues with 2007 touring models | Harley Davidson Forums

Issues with 2007 touring models

jdezorzi

I’m looking at a 2007 flht classic, bike has been sitting awhile. Asking price is $6500. Mileage is 19 k. Needs a battery, tires, brakes, oil change etc. was the 2007’s a problematic year, and am I gonna be plagued with added expenses and heartbreak.

I have had my '07 Electra Glide Classic since '08. 40 some K miles with zero problems that I did not cause. '07 was the first year of 96" and six speed. There were complaints of noisy 5th gear, but it was a harmonic problem, not trans. '08 had a cush hub to dampen the noise. Some compensator problems, and they do run hot without an added fuel pack. For the $6500 price, I would jump on that.

If the bike looks good and engine sounds good than do it.
My first bagger was an 08 and going from a 03 RKC I thought it was the cats meow.
Yes the one your looking at is an 07, but it is low mileage for a 10 yr old, and tires, brakes, fluids, filters and a battery are normal wear items.
Any pictures of it?

Price is right but I would not buy any bike that I could not start cold and ride.:cool:

Once again I'll agree with what has been said. I would like, as Dolt said, try to start it or at least turn the motor over some.
Is this a carb or fuel inj.? Being it's '07 I suspect and FI. '07 was also the 1st. yr. for Hyd. cam chain tensioner. Do you know how long it had been sitting? Also look in the tank for sludge/varnish build up if it has been sitting a long time, as in months.
tourbox

Thank you everyone at HDT, His text says battery is charged. Hope it fires up. I’ll post a picture when I get back home.

Having trouble posting a pic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the delay. Bike fired up and ran smooth. the rear cylinder cross over pipe was cracked and leaking. At this point in my life, I don’t need another harley project, just finished the FL dyna bagger in September.

Sorry for the delay. Bike fired up and ran smooth. the rear cylinder cross over pipe was cracked and leaking. At this point in my life, I don’t need another harley project, just finished the FL dyna bagger in September.
Bingo! That (EDIT) crossover pipe is one problem, I eventually changed to S&S head pipes that cross under, much cooler and runs better too.
Second is the TPS, it will give you idle issues sometime after extended runs on the highway, can clean with an electronics cleaner lube or replace for around $60.00
last but not least is the compensator sprocket, it will cause your starter clutch to fail prematurely and cause clunking and other noises.
Change to the Baker compensator and forget about it. That is the most expensive upgrade, do it yourself for around $850, sprocket, rotor, gaskets, oil.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back