free website stats program ISO Grips on a 2008 Ultra | Harley Davidson Forums

ISO Grips on a 2008 Ultra

hogcrzy

Shouldn't be too difficult, just wondering if anyone can tell me what this note on the package means: "WARNING-Please insure that you keep the glue from the throttle open"

Maybe it lost something in the translation.

No doubt it has something to do with the drive by wire maybe being an 08? Isn't there more?

Check their web page, they have the directions posted there usually, maybe the didn't print right.

i would think it would be throttle opening is what ti would say .. since the drive by wire would glue where the stuff is

I have just ordered some and the intructions say that you only use the glue on the left. Check the instructions it says, "Throttle Side Procedure", then tells you what to do, it gives you five steps and then tells you what to do with the left hand side, with eight steps. If instructions in the pack do not say the same, go to the Kuriakyn site and click on product #6228 and download fitting instructions...simple as

I put on the harley grips and can't see why you'd want to glue either side. Both grips are held in place by the switch housings. Just my .02

I put on the harley grips and can't see why you'd want to glue either side. Both grips are held in place by the switch housings. Just my .02

I wanted a set of ISo grips till i found out they are not held in place on both sides the same way as the harley grips ... So ill find something in the harley line

I wanted a set of ISo grips till i found out they are not held in place on both sides the same way as the harley grips ... So ill find something in the harley line

Stock HD left grip is glue on. don't sweat it just fellow the instructions and you'll be fine.
To get the original stock grip off without cutting it slid a small flat bladed screw driver between the grip and bar and spray some WD40 into the opening, work with it twist back and forth and use more WD40 as needed and it'll come right off.
To remove the ISO grip remove it's end cap and use the same method as for the stock grip.
The ISO grips are great, i use them and the ISO foot pegs.

I have the ISO grips on my 08 ULTRA. before you glue the left one make sure you have it rotated to where you want it .( put it on with no glue rotate it for comfort the take it off and glue it . ) By the way I LOVE THEM!

I installed the ISO grips on my '08, but ended up using gorilla glue on the left side after the glue that came with them failed.

-Wardster

Back