free website stats program Is this good | Harley Davidson Forums

Is this good

chuck60

Is this oil good for a 08 RK I saw it on the oil thread, don't know what bike it was used in. SPECTRO 20/50 FULL SYN FOR MOTOR
SPECTRO PRIMARY LUB ( DON'T HAVE A # )
SPECTRO 75/140 GL5 FOR TRANNY
I have always used syn 3 in motor/ belray for tranny and primary what ever HD put in.

You will be very satisfied. That my combo for my 08 EG. Last oil change 20-50 Mobil 1, Spectro 20-50 was unavailable.

Thanks to many members in this Forum I switched to Spectro a few weeks ago. I know very little about oil but was told and read here that it by far one of the best oils. I have chosen same oils as you. And it was a huge task finding it on Montreal.

Is this oil good for a 08 RK I saw it on the oil thread, don't know what bike it was used in. SPECTRO 20/50 FULL SYN FOR MOTOR
SPECTRO PRIMARY LUB ( DON'T HAVE A # )
SPECTRO 75/140 GL5 FOR TRANNY
I have always used syn 3 in motor/ belray for tranny and primary what ever HD put in.
I've been running Spectro in all three holes for years with very good results.
Spectro semi-synthetic 20W50 for the engine.
I do use the Spectro 6-speed oil for the tranny.
Made for the Harley 6-speeds. I never had a noise problem (some do) before but it does help those that do have a noise problem.

Air cooled engines are noisy by design. Some oils may help a bit but that would probably vary also from engine to engine too. Some say they hear more noise with an oil like Mobil 1 but I have not had that experience.

Spectro full syn 20-50 in motor.
Spectro 6 speed in tranny.
HD formula + in primary.
I've always used HD syn prior to this last change. I've done some research and it seems this Spectro oil is great so I decided to give it a try. However I can't really tell the difference except that it costs even more than Harley stuff. The bike still clacks real loud when shifting. I can get it locally so I'll continue to use it.

Back