free website stats program Is my wife too short? | Harley Davidson Forums

Is my wife too short?

jezbo

My wife has been riding for a few years now but is limited to the bikes she can choose as she is 4'11''. She would love a Super Low but is this still too big? I told her she should look at boots with a deep sole and a Super Reduced Reach Seat. Anyone out there the same size on a Sporty?

She needs to go along to a dealer, sit on a superlow & check it for fit. Your advice re footwear & seat seems sensible. I've seen plenty of short statured people on superlows.

There is a picture and letter in August 2011 American Iron Mag of a little lady, 4'7" with a 1200 Sporster that has been modded for her. Looks like a great fit.

My wife is only 5 foot and and we where looking at a fatboy low for her, however; when we we got down to the nitty gritty of it all we decided to go with the stock Heritage Softail Classic. With the Fatbot Low we would have had to pay extra for the windshield, saddle bags, and reach seat roughly about $2500. in extras. With the Heritage Classic all we had to add was the seat and the lowering kit. The seat was like $250. and the lowering kit was thrown in for free. On top of all that the Heritage Classic was a less expensive bike and all around better looking as she and I both did not like the color choices nor the satin look of the fatboy. One more thing we did get her a new pair of boots with a slightly (very) taller heal.

When I meant "slightly (very) taller heal." I meant only very slightly taller heal her old boots had like a 3/4 inch heal and her new boots have 1 inch heal.

It's amazing how a small adjustment in gear can make a big difference in comfort.

My wife has been riding for a few years now but is limited to the bikes she can choose as she is 4'11''. She would love a Super Low but is this still too big? I told her she should look at boots with a deep sole and a Super Reduced Reach Seat. Anyone out there the same size on a Sporty?

Jezbo, don't take this wrong, but my aunt who is kind of short put someone in their place quite well once when they made a comment about her being short, her response to them was 'I'm tall enough for my feet to touch the ground and that's all I need'. :) When I read the title of the thread, I had to laugh because I immediately thought of my aunt's answer to that question. :s Good luck getting your wife set up comfortably.

Be careful there Jez...ywith that title line! Ya never want to go there with your gal...guys always lose that battle...and don't answer if she asks "--does this dress make me look fat...?:newsmile036:

Actually your going along the right path, though the new 883 Super low lookes good with new wheels, radial tires and front end to help inseam challenged riders pick the bike and ride off in pretty good style!:p

All very good advice. Hope you find a fit for her on the bike of her choice. I have seen an older local lady (short and small), that rides a hot looking Sporster Nightster.

You are blessesd to have a wife that can ride beside you. My wife wants to ride her own bike so bad but she sufferers from a disease that has stolen her coordination and strength, so we enjoy riding together, her behind me.

But where there is a will there is a way. Happy riding.

Back