free website stats program Is it possible to lower your temps 100o? | Harley Davidson Forums

Is it possible to lower your temps 100o?

ImaRider

I have been thinking of getting a fuel management device and came across the Fi2000 Power Pro ad.
Cobra Fi2000R Fuel Pack Review | Harley Exhaust Pipe Reviews
In the testing section of the write up it says it lowered the temps 100 degrees. Is that really possible or just marketing hype? Dealer says they haven't seen them but they have removed several of the regular Fi2000 R's from bike that weren't running right.
I don't mind spending the coin if it will work but at this price I can't afford to make an error.

It's marketing hype.

Do yourself a favor and bypass the Cobra and go with the TFI.

The manufacturer is here on the forum and offers some great discounts to service men and women also Fire and Police personnel and EMS workers.

The TFI is a plug and play unit and you can read more about it here.

EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection Controllers - ATVs, UTVs, Motorcycles, Snowmobiles, Scooters, Sport Bikes, Watercraft

and here...

Diagnostics and Fuel Injection Related - Harley Davidson Community

TFI Questions Answered By Dobeck - Harley Davidson Community

This is quoted from the review:

"Best of all, we measured the cylinder head temperatures and we went from low 400 degrees Fahrenheit to just over 300 degrees. Our Harley Davidson is much happier now and so are we."

So they went from 400 degrees to 300 degrees by installing the unit.....?

Letting the clutch out will do the same thing.:)

This is quoted from the review:

"Best of all, we measured the cylinder head temperatures and we went from low 400 degrees Fahrenheit to just over 300 degrees. Our Harley Davidson is much happier now and so are we."

So they went from 400 degrees to 300 degrees by installing the unit.....?

Letting the clutch out will do the same thing.:)

Just install TFI and go riding. Compared to temp at idle you will probably exceed a 100 degrees cooler. So yes it is hype.....

HEAT Build-up is One of the BIGGEST reasons I don't let my bike iDLE long,
when it is idle sitting it is Not cooling.

Mine sitting, Not Even to Warm before I Ride (1 minute max) ..

It is Called AIR FLOW, it is Air Cooled you know.....

The Proper fuel amount, using TFI
Type of oils 20/50 full synthetic (quality brands for v-twins)
oil cooler Jagg is a good one
The outside Temperature
ALL the above make a HUGE difference in the HEAT of a bike.

signed....BUBBIE

I have been reading reviews and trying to figure out the best thing to do here. Has anyone seen the Arlen Ness fuel management device (cheap shot I think it is)? It looks just like the TFI one. Maybe TFI makes one for them? The Tfi device seems like a good one. Making the adjustments I am not sure about. Maybe it is just a reading comprehension problem on my part. The device ships with instructions with settings for your bike model? is that correct? Then I use a screwdriver and match those settings on the device?

My last bike has a V&H fuelpak installed by the dealer and I never had to look at it. The TFI part seems to require more attention to get it to work.

I am not a tech or motorhead guy so reading the install instructions makes me wonder if I could install one. The instructions say to quick disconnect, then raise the tank and run the 02 sensor wire under it then drop the tank down. I laid on the ground today trying to follow the 02 wires front and back. The front one seems easy enough to do but the back one looks like a bear. I couldn't get my hand up there far enough to disconnect the wire. Still I am not sure I am confident enough for what must be an easy job to some of you.

Sry about the long post

TFI (proper gas mixture in engine)WILL lower the bikes engine temperature.

The thing to set is the first Green lighted pot... The others set as suggested will work for you... The do come with THE suggested settings .. Set there they work Fine... But tuning the green pot (#1) is the only adjustment need to be fine tuned on my bike.

I took the TFI first sent to me and installed it taking tank loose and carefully propping it up 3-4 inches with a bath towel (best one in the house)Worked fine also with the seat off my bike I found sliding tank straight back worked even better.

The first pot tuning at 1800 to 2000 RPM, Very fast idle (taped the throttle) put a big fan to blow across the motor to keep cool while doing this WAS the biggest part of the whole job..

Turning pot one from the closed position and opening it a little at a time Listening to the idle smooth out. then it sounds like too much fuel and turn it back in to the smooth spot and DONE..

MY setting is really CLOSE to the suggested one ... the others on pot 2,3,4. are set the suggested settings.

I have built a lot of bikes from the stock versions BUT this TFI is the Cats Meow in my book.. Simple to install, set and forget...You will remember it tho' every time you ride your bike,,, BIG Benefits in Runability.

Now that is the way I set it up on my 09 FLHR full stage one and Now se255 cams.... I told you this way and I didn't sugar coat it, you can do it.

YOU Can do it..

The runability of my bike amasses me... I'm used to a carburetor bike and jet changing second nature,, I really was scared off fuel injection and held off getting a bike with it on....NOW i'm sorry I didn't go here before.. The Too Lean off the floor HD's are a thing of the past with I CALL the BEST simple to use device on the market TFI..

signed....BUBBIE

Back