free website stats program Is it my imagination | Harley Davidson Forums

Is it my imagination

BuffaloBill

Hey gang

Installed the Ultra lower fairings this weekend and took the RKC for a test ride I could barley fit my foot inside the fairing lower cavity. Is the Ultra Glides crash bar wider then the RKC's? The lowers went on without a hitch and look great just wish my feet would fit inside them :(

Any comments would be appreciated

BuffaloBILL

I don't have lowers on my Street Glide so my knowledge about them is marginal but I'll ask anyways. Are these designed for your feet to go INTO? I always thought they were there to provide an added layer of wind and rain protection to your lower legs. I know they can be used for storage and some have put speakers in them but I really don't think they were meant for your feet.

My size 15 boots didn't fit well in my lowers, so I got a new rear shifter that the peg can flip back on. It is a Harley part but I don't know the part #. It is about $70.
kemo

Got them on my RK. I agree, I don't think they are for your feet. I wear a #9 steel toed boot and I never tried to stick my feet into the fairings. The toe shifter and brake pedal are in the way...They do keep the wind, rocks and other stuff off your shins and feet.
WAP.gif

I wear size 10 and ride an ultra however - I agree with larryjmiller - "never tried to stick them in there.

Got them on my RK. I agree, I don't think they are for your feet. I wear a #9 steel toed boot and I never tried to stick my feet into the fairings. The toe shifter and brake pedal are in the way...They do keep the wind, rocks and other stuff off your shins and feet.
WAP.gif

I agree, never tried to fit my feet in there by any method. Maybe if I was taller than 6-0 I would have tried to figure out a way. :D

Back