free website stats program Is it hard to install forward controls on a 95 fatboy? | Harley Davidson Forums

Is it hard to install forward controls on a 95 fatboy?

wazza-in-oz

G'day all. Can anyone tell me is it a hard job to remove the floorboards on my 95 fatboy and install forward controls? Whats involved? Do i have to bleed brakes etc? Thanks

Sorry everyone. Should introduce myself. I'm Wazza from Victoria in Australia. I've been watching and reading this forum for a while now and just feel like i know everybody already so when i posted my first question I forgot to introduce myself. The forum is FANTASTIC and has already helped me so much already. I really appreciate everones knowledge and look forward to hopefully being able to help others in return. Cheers Wazza

Last edited by a moderator:
I cant say but welcome and why do you want to change the floorboards give you so much more room to move around

the forward controls from the softail custom should fit but you may need to adjust the location of the rear brake master cylinder but not to sure of that never had a close look at a fatboy

Brian

Just cant get used to the boards and i like to stretch out a bit more. I thought the softail custom models etc would bolt straight up as the frames should be the same right???

I fitted extended controls to my softail custom last year and had to move the brake master cylinder and replace the brake hose but got all i needed in 1 harley kit

Brtian

Thanks fin 676. Sounds pretty straight forward. I'm gunna go to my local dealer and find a bike with 2" extended ones just to see how they feel. Otherwise i will get the standard length. By the way has anyone heard of the brand RPM when it comes to forward controls. A guy here in oz has some for sale. He says they are really good quality and made in USA but i googled them and couldn't find much on them. If anyone has heard of them please let me know. Cheers.

Thanks fin 676. Sounds pretty straight forward. I'm gunna go to my local dealer and find a bike with 2" extended ones just to see how they feel. Otherwise i will get the standard length. By the way has anyone heard of the brand RPM when it comes to forward controls. A guy here in oz has some for sale. He says they are really good quality and made in USA but i googled them and couldn't find much on them. If anyone has heard of them please let me know. Cheers.

Are you sure there not PM ? = performance machine.

No they are definately RPM brand. With so many cheap ones on the market I'm a bit worried that they may just be poor quality. Obviously no one on here has heard of them so I might stay away from them.

Back