free website stats program Is it bad for the shocks to have bike on lifts? | Harley Davidson Forums

Is it bad for the shocks to have bike on lifts?

HI all, just wondering if it's ok to keep my RK SE on the J&S bike lift when not riding it? I am wondering if it affects the front shocks or the rear air shocks (always being pulled fully down by the weight of the wheels). Also been thinking about all that weight on the under side of the frame? I like to enter the garage and put it on the lift so it's easy to turn around and clean. Any thoughts on the matter? Thanks:newsmile040:

Definitely good taking all that weight off the wheels & shocks. Just think of it as you getting home from a long day @ work & kicking back on the recliner...;)

I keep mine on the lift too so the bike's mobile in my garage. Even though I have a 3-stall, I'm always moving around & tinkering on something. Cheers!

Easier on the bike as the center of gravity is supported and convenient...no real downside as others have said. I don't only because here in SoCal, I ride most of the time, too inconvenient (store it out of the way like Big Lew suggested a while back. No garage queen here...:D

Back