free website stats program Is dealer talking rubbish about tyre selection | Harley Davidson Forums

Is dealer talking rubbish about tyre selection

Rebyl

Banned
The Dunlop on the rear is ready to come off some am wanting to change both front and rear to the Avon Venom and the dealer told me that if I change from Dunflops it may be a problem with any warranty issues that could be linked back to the tyres,,such as a fault with the ABS...sounds like the dealer is just trying to push the Dunlop brand cause they have their deal with HD and I think he s talking bull (EDITED)..am I right, cause if he is that will be the last dollar he gets from me....I'm lucky cause it is almost the same distance between two HD Shops

[notes]
A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community
[/notes]

Sounds like rubbish to me. I would find another dealer to do business with and let them know why too. Tell them to put it in writing first.

Yes I agree about changing dealer. I bought the Ultra from them with 7000km's on the clock and thought nothing about the fact that the rear tyre was not a whitewall although the front was, I thought that was probably how they came out, I wonder if it was changed for some reason. The bike had been used for some hires so maybe some did some damage to it somehow.....something doesn't smell right

The only way that the dealer has any warranty issues is if you put a different size tire than HD recommends. The ABS system will not care what brand tire you run as long as the size is the same. Find another dealer as this one is just trying to force you to buy what they sell.

Thanks for the thought but it would cost you a very long distance call...we live not far from the South Pole in a little ol place called New Zealand...but thanks anyway and yes I will be using the other dealer from now on....Thanks again

Sounds like a word for word quote from the (HOW TO PULL THE WOOL OVER THE CUSTOMERS EYES) book, page 33, volume 1.

Rebyl, agree with Black shadow...only it's New Zealand "branded" wool and apparently it seems the southern hemisphere has dealers that screw the customer around only "anti-clockwise" :eam

Back