free website stats program Is aux headlights worth it? | Harley Davidson Forums

Is aux headlights worth it?

Aerodawg

I ride a lot at night due to my job. And have already installed the dual halogen headlight on my bike for a few years now. And I'm thinking about getting the aux light kit installed. Do the aux lights help with visibility to the sides? I have a lot of deer in my area and was wondering if the lights would help or are they focused to the center of the road. I know the aux lights will help with daytime visibility from the cagers ... but deer are one of my biggest concerns at night. Thanks for any help you provide.

If you're referring to the aux lights as on a Road King, yes, they are great at night. Just wire them up so they work when the high beam is on as well. (I also put a deer whistle on my bike for whatever its worth)

I would argue strongly in favor of going to LED lamps as well. I could not believe the difference when I switched. I can spot the ditch rat's eyes from half a mile away now.

If you're referring to the aux lights as on a Road King, yes, they are great at night. Just wire them up so they work when the high beam is on as well. (I also put a deer whistle on my bike for whatever its worth)

I hit a deer with deer whistles on My car, so it's not worth much.LOL
Aux lights are great when You can run them with or without brights.I live in the country where it's dark and I find them necessary!

I use the H4 80/100 bulb in conjunction with 50w 886 bulbs in the passing lamps with the independent control auxiliary lamp wire harness. This wire harness allows the passing lamps stay on when the hi beam is on. I am more than pleased with this setup and best of all, I did it for about $100.00

I liked the way the passing lamps on my baggers lit up both sides of the road, when my low beam burned out on the way home 1 night i did not even notice it

At the time I Purchased my bike (2008FB) I had the aux lights installed they worked great . Then last year I decided to switched to led what a difference LED is the way to go

Back