free website stats program Is 37 MPG Respectable? | Harley Davidson Forums

Is 37 MPG Respectable?

HDSickness

Banned
Wanted to know what others thought .I have been getting around 37 mpg.
99 road king classic fuel injection
88 twin cam
stage 1 air cleaner
power commander
samson slip ons.
Ride 30 miles each way to work each day on freeway at 70 mph and around town a little and average about 37 mpg.

My stock 2000 RKC gets 39 all I have added is the GEN3 fueler, but I have just put the the pieces in place for the Stage 1, so as the Beatles say "It won't be Long Till I'm In Love With You"

My 2003 stock Electra Glide gets 42 on the interstate and 37 on the back roads. The only modification is a K&N air filter.

Ride safe.

Wanted to know what others thought .I have been getting around 37 mpg.
99 road king classic fuel injection
88 twin cam
stage 1 air cleaner
power commander
samson slip ons.
Ride 30 miles each way to work each day on freeway at 70 mph and around town a little and average about 37 mpg.

I would Not compare MPG with the run-ability of the bike..
Yours sounds about right from My experiences with similar bikes set up as yours.. ???? I would ask; Do you feel IT is running Strong, Clean and to Your liking??? If so, leave it alone and enjoy that fine running bike. It's not the miles per gallon that make me smile on my bike.

If all above is met, You are right where you need to be..

You and HD can get BETTER MPG but at a COST to the bike,,,,

Too Lean is Hard on any bike... Running HOTTER (too lean) than necessary takes MILES off the Life of a bike.....

signed....BUBBIE

I have a 07 Road Glide. On highway at steady speeds I get about 48mpg riding 2 up. On back roads I get about 42mpg.

Didn't buy my Harley to worry about MPG, have no idea what I get and don't care. Mine is all stock and will probably stay that way. Just to many decision that have to be made when you start wanting to change things. I don't have that much time left to worry about it. Keep it on the road as much as I can. Ride safe my friends.

I have a 07 Road Glide. On highway at steady speeds I get about 48mpg riding 2 up. On back roads I get about 42mpg.

IF you are totally stock, that is where HD usually is.. TO ME and Many others The bikes getting that kind of mileage on the Big HD's, 48/50+ are running Way Too Lean...

Most who change things around to get the "off the floor bike" to run what most call "better". tend to Loose about 4/8 miles per gallon.. The trade-off for a cooler-better running bike to Us is worth the drop...

a "full stage one" along with a TFI or other fueler will make your bike run cooler and last longer than the Too Lean off the show-room floor... HD HAS to do LEAN because of EPA...

Our SMILES make up for the little less in mileage and a longer lasting, cooler ride....

signed....BUBBIE

For your conditions - 37mpg is pretty good. Freeway driving's your big fuel hit - better mpg's at cruiz'n speeds (i.e. 55-60mph). Probably not gonna get much better & like Bubbie says - if bike's running good, no need to worry. At today's gas - still saving $$$ over driving cage.

Back