free website stats program iPhone or SatNav in a tool-roll? | Harley Davidson Forums

iPhone or SatNav in a tool-roll?

durhamBob

I'd like to use the satnav on my iPhone on my Fatboy but in a Fatboy stylee (so not some sensible touring mount). I was thinking it would be cool if you could get a leather tool roll to strap to the bars but with a pocket with a clear plastic panel that you could slip your phone into. For me, in good old Blighty (England), it would have to be reasonably waterproof. You also might want access from the pocket into the inside of the tool roll to connect an additional power source. Does anyone know if such a thing exists? If not, does anyone want to start making them?

cheers,

Bob (about to take the bike out tomorrow for the first time in months after electrical disaster, now fixed)

Last edited:
On first pass would go with the convenience of a Kuryakin $40 or Ram $90 handlebar or a master cylinder mount, and just use a zip lock bag over the works. It is a "quick and dirty" BUT tried and true method that works.

I think you havent got a hope of finding what you want so you are going to have to sort it out yourself
simple cheep way get a tool bag stick on a freezer bag with gaffer tape
or find a local saddler / shoemaker and ask them to do the mods you need to the tool roll

Brian

Thanks, you're both right that it doesn't look like there is anything like this out there, but I am still a bit surprised - I would have thought there was a market.

I don't fancy zip-lok bags or gaffer-tape, I may have an old bike that didn't cost much, but I still like a little class. If I had a heavy-duty sewing machine, some leather and some skill (none of which I actually have) I'd do it myself. Go for it you entrepreneurs (i'll even do you a drawing, but I might want 10% for it)! Alternatively, I might go to a leather alteration shop and see if I can get a custom job.

Don't you think it is a good idea though?

Just be the first and have one of a kind
the biggest problem is finding the right craftsman at the right price to do the job

Brian

ps i dont think your bike is that old my newest was 81 till i got the harleys

The iPhone case Harley sells works well for me. Magents hold it firmly on my Sporty tank.
WAP.gif

Jamientrish did make a good point, HD just came out with iPhone case in their new 2010 HD Parts & Accessories catalog...saw it at the HD Dealer in the NEW ITEMS section. There are tank console/trim leather pouches, I think even Leatherworks even has some that could also work as a starting point, so look around a bit.

Back