free website stats program iphone /bluetooth | Harley Davidson Forums

iphone /bluetooth

mrl636

Hi,

I have a 2005 ultra classic.

Anyone heard of a wireless gadget that will plug into my earphone jack in the faring and play the music thru the radio speakers from my iphone like my ford F150 does with their sync

Now I'm using a cheap mp3 player mounted on the faring with velcro that's plugged into the jack but with the bumps and the vibrations, the jack that's plugged into the player side vibrates in and out and i'm constantly getting stereo and mono sound. I like having a Cheap player because sometimes i forget to put it away. I tried glue with one but the glue messed up the circut board inside of the player and i had to buy another one

Mike

Hmmmm, interesting post. My F150 does the same thing. It Sync's with my IPhone ( if I choose it to do so) and plays my ITunes stored on my phone. I don't believe our HD radios will transmit Bluetooth for our IPones to sync with.

I've never heard of an output being turned into and input on anything. There are a lot of things going these day's that I don't understand............

Mike; My solution is to put my Ipod in a clear badge holder like some people wear at work. I cut a hole in the bottom corner for the cable and clip it to the flap on windshield pouch. It hangs free and vibration is not a problem.

Hi horizonchaser, Bodeen, Breeze3at :bigsmiley23:

I would agree with you Bodeen but after finding the following.....

The only thing wrong with your way, Breeze3at, is I sometimes forget to put away my gps. I don't want to keep buying new phones. the mp3 player was only about $20

I had to go to a different internet provider to do a reply. I kept getting asked for my id and password.

While talking to a neighbor he told me about the following two sites.

5 iPhone Bluetooth Car Kits to Upgrade Your Ride

and

Review roundup: Bluetooth car stereo iPhone adapters Apple News, Tips and Reviews

I read over both places and I'm going to let it set in for a day and reread.
I'll come back and let you know about them

Hey, maybe I can find someone that has one now that I know there is such a thing :D

Thanks for the feedback

Mike :cheers :cheers :cheers

Hi wildman9,

the manual on the site page says form 2006 on. Wonder if it would work on 2005

I like the idea of using the handle bar contols

Mike

I use my iPhone plugged into a FM modulator/charger you can get for about $20 at Walmart. Then I can listen to Pandora, iHeart radio, or my uploaded music. I mounted a bracket from Kuryakyn to my right handle bar and placed Velcro on it. I bought an Outter box & placed the smooth Velcro on the back and just stick it to the bracket. Very secure & water resistant ( not waterproof). I plugged the charger/modulation device into the lighter port & ran the cord under the dash & looped nicely around handle bar. I am able to use my iPhone gps device which is handy & the commands from Lola (gps voice) come through the radio. When I'm not using it, I can remove the bracket with one chrome wingnut & it's gone. I can post pics if interested.

I use my iPhone plugged into a FM modulator/charger you can get for about $20 at Walmart. Then I can listen to Pandora, iHeart radio, or my uploaded music. I mounted a bracket from Kuryakyn to my right handle bar and placed Velcro on it. I bought an Outter box & placed the smooth Velcro on the back and just stick it to the bracket. Very secure & water resistant ( not waterproof). I plugged the charger/modulation device into the lighter port & ran the cord under the dash & looped nicely around handle bar. I am able to use my iPhone gps device which is handy & the commands from Lola (gps voice) come through the radio. When I'm not using it, I can remove the bracket with one chrome wingnut & it's gone. I can post pics if interested.
I would be interested in that. If you can utilize the IPhones GPS through the radio for twenty bucks that is the way to go!

Back