free website stats program Interpreting width, pullback, and rise | Harley Davidson Forums

Interpreting width, pullback, and rise

Merlynn

This may be a dumb question but bear with me. I've been looking at new handlebars for my 07 FLHR as I'm a short guy and even with my mustang seat would like my bars to be a little closer. I've received good advice on which bars might suit me but the best advice is to actually check out a bike with that particular configuration. Trouble is haven't seen that many with handlebars I might like.

So I'm going through the J&P catalog and there are all these terrific bars with width, pullback, and rise measurements. I compare them to a few bars I already have tried and whose measurements I have and find out that the amount of pullback alone doesn't tell me which handlebars are closer to me.

Width is easy. What you see is what you get. Actual reach seems to be a puzzling combination of rise and pullback. So - is there any formula or rule of thumb to look at the catalog and deduce which bars have the closest reach?

Back