free website stats program Intake air leak? | Harley Davidson Forums

Intake air leak?

jdaws

When I start it up cold it runs on one cylinder for 30-seconds or so, then the other one starts to fire. I think I have an air leak and when things get warmed and start to expand it seals up. It runs a little rough below 2000 RPM also. I check for codes and had P0132 and P0152. I think these are rich codes and if I have an air leak shouldn't I have lean codes?
I work on cars every day and wish I had a tool to read the sensors like I do on cars.
Anybody have air leak issues or have any other thoughts on this?

2008 dyna, V/H big shots, Hi Five air cleaner, Andrews 37H, TFI gen 3

your using a TFI do you have the O2 sensors bypassed?

easy way to check for intake leak is to take wd 40 and spray the manifold to cylinder heads when warm if it changes RPM ya got a leak ..

The 02-sensors run through the gen-3 TFI with in and out leads. I sprayed carb cleaner aound the intake module at hot idle and it seemed to idle worse. That is why I think I have a leak. Are there any problem arias to look at?

where it mounts to cylinder heads ,.. where the map sensor is the flanges .. the throttle servo .. and gaskets in general there .. use wd40 as if you hit a real hot spot or it backfires less chance of it catching fire than with carb cleaner

The Stealer has a neat tool for aligning the intake, may be worth looking at

Back