free website stats program insurance | Harley Davidson Forums

insurance

sharpg

anyone know where the best place to get full coverage insurance on a bike titled as special construction. I need full coverage because i owe $$$ on it.

I second Progressive. I've shop around and no one even comes close to what Progressive offered, same coverage but cost way much different, the rest of my 4 vehicles and the house are with State Farm. I may switch my boat from BoatUS to Progressive on next renewal.

Any of you guys had a claim with Progressive?

They suck. I work on boats and one of my customers just waited 6 weeks for an approval on a claim. I was at my local independent bike shop and he has a custom bike in there that has also been waiting about 6 weeks for an approval. Seems they don't like spending as much on claims as they do on advertising.

Those are the only two stories I have about Progressive, so just be sure what you are getting into.

I personally have Geico and have never had a problem getting a claim paid, even when my wife backed my Dually over top of her Camaro right in our driveway.:newsmile038:

Searider, don't switch the boat. You may be sorry one day.

They come quickly on the wrecks we have at work, and so far they have worked well with us. They usually work off of the estimates I write, and have only kicked out a few parts.

The only one I would not suggest is Nationwide, They absolutely suck at claims. They are not on your side!!!

It must just be hit and miss then with adjusters or regions.

The Progressive guy for boats and bikes is the same and from a Special Investigation Department. In defense of Progressive the adjuster's boss called me after 5 weeks and blamed that guy for dropping the ball. It was just funny that while at the bike shop, the shop owner and I were talking about a custom in the back and he was bitcchhing about the slow insurance company, I guessed Progressive and was right and shared my story with him.

I had a customer with Nationwide last year who had a $9600 claim. Their adjuster came out, looked at the boat and my estimate and wrote the owner a check right there, less his $500 deductible.

I guess all companies have good and bad stories. In my area, I would stay away from Progressive.

anyone know where the best place to get full coverage insurance on a bike titled as special construction. I need full coverage because i owe $$$ on it.

As mentioned by many, every state is different.Twenty years of dealing with insurance companies has tought me one thing.The cheepest does not make them the one for you.In my area Commerce is by far the largest motor vehicle insurer.When looking at yearly customer satisfaction as well as ease of claims surveys you'll also find they're among the worste.Trust me when I say you're not always in good hands with Allstate.Im very surprised Smitty didnt go with USAA, big discounts for military personel and gov. employees.In the end Id ask a dealer or 3 who was the easiest to deal with.The bigger they are, the more lawyers they can afford.

Back