free website stats program Instrument panel fuse keeps blowing | Harley Davidson Forums

Instrument panel fuse keeps blowing

youngcustom

Has anyone else had the problem of just the instrument panel fuse blowing. I have traced the wire from the fuse box up to the faring. Sometimes the fuse will last a month or two and other times the fuse will blow 2 or 3 times in one day. I can't seem to find this little gremlin any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to the forum! These are the worst problems to find. The wiring diagram in the HD repair manual may help tremendously and if not for this, something else. Best $60 spent . Sounds like a pinched or rubbed wire to me but it may take some time finding it. Let us jnow what you find out.

Welcome to the forum! These are the worst problems to find. The wiring diagram in the HD repair manual may help tremendously and if not for this, something else. Best $60 spent . Sounds like a pinched or rubbed wire to me but it may take some time finding it. Let us jnow what you find out.

I agree. Maybe check where the main loom runs past the neck. Pull it back away from the frame and see if it is worn through.

Good Luck on this,
Dave

Back