free website stats program Installing Lower Chrome Belt Guard | Harley Davidson Forums

Installing Lower Chrome Belt Guard

risuperglide

Today I counted three bolts holding on my stock plastic lower belt guard on my 2010 FXDC. Is installing a new HD Chrome one as simple as removing these bolts & bolting on the new one? Or is there more to it than that?...:34:

Check the instructions that should be with it but it's an easy job. Some install on top of the stock cover and are not a complete cover but just cover the stock one.

This might help:
Designed to cover the Original Equipment black lower debris deflector, this mirror-chrome finished cover adds an exceptional finish to the rear drive components. Kit includes required mounting hardware.

This might help:
Designed to cover the Original Equipment black lower debris deflector, this mirror-chrome finished cover adds an exceptional finish to the rear drive components. Kit includes required mounting hardware.

Do you have a part # for this?

Make sure that the clearance between the guard and the rear pulley is adequate, especially if you have added a chrome pulley cover. If they are too close, they will rub at higher speeds. I bent mine out slightly to make sure this didn't happen. It did happen on another bike I owned. The third (front) screw was VERY hard to get at, so do not remove it unless you have to. The instructions say you don't, but sometimes Harley instructions are just slightly inaccurate.:lolrolling

While HD does try to be accurate...sometimes "slightly" is just enough to generate threads on a forum...that or after a few "knuckle-busting" blood riddled minutes...:newsmile100:

Today I counted three bolts holding on my stock plastic lower belt guard on my 2010 FXDC. Is installing a new HD Chrome one as simple as removing these bolts & bolting on the new one? Or is there more to it than that?...:34:

Still not allowed to post links so copy/paste this textline

harley-davidson.com/en_US/Media/downloads/Service/isheets/-J03904.pdf

into your browser ansd add www. in front of it and hit <enter>. Now you'll find the Instruction Sheet for the chrome debris deflector p/n 60489-06A and 60514-07.

According to the IS there's no need to take off the front screw. I have a similar chrome deflector mounted on my FXD2003, which goes over the stock plastic cover. In order to prevent the chrome one comming of fthe oem cover, I added double sided adhesive tape as well.

FXD2003Rider

While HD does try to be accurate...sometimes "slightly" is just enough to generate threads on a forum...that or after a few "knuckle-busting" blood riddled minutes...:newsmile100:

This I like been there done that Doh it hurts am I bleeding :newsmile100:

Back