free website stats program installing handle bars, need advise, | Harley Davidson Forums

installing handle bars, need advise,

johndeeredr

got a 2011 tri glide ultra classic. decided on wild one 10 inch chubby ape hangers. will I need to extend any of the wires to hand controls or clutch cable? had these same bars on my roadglde and like them. did not have to extend anything on it. would I be able to go to 12 inch with any problems? thanks in advance.

Call Wild One. They are great to talk with about these sort of things. I called them once and they were very helpful, as they should be for the cost of their product. They do make a very nice bar IMO.

CONTACT US AT:
714-536-5869
800-337-8870
info@wild1inc.com

talked to john at wild1 today. he said the clutch cable will need to be extended by 4 inches with the 10 inch apes. with that said, since that has to be done, might has well go all the way and put 14 inch bagger aps on it. seems to be the most popular up grade to do on a tri glide. improves comfort and steering.

In my opinion, there is a large difference between the 10" and the 14" apes he recommends. Think about what will be most comfortable to you.

In my opinion, there is a large difference between the 10" and the 14" apes he recommends. Think about what will be most comfortable to you.

By my estimation the difference is 4"!;) Sorry Pete, I had to.
Breeze is right though the difference is very big in rider comfort from one to the other. Its not a cheap endeavor so try and be sure the first time around.....

I elected to swap OEM bars for LA Choppers 10" PrimeApes last summer b/c the research & feedback indicated you could stick w/stock wiring & cables. Other than the wiring pulls through new bars being a bear, everything worked, but the clutch cable was as tight as a guitar string (even after re-routing). I ended up installing a +4" clutch cable and now all is well.

I went with Wild 1 12" apes my 14 FLHR, internal wiring was painless, staggered my wire extension soldered splice joints, went + 4 on clutch cable.

Back