free website stats program Installing FuelPak | Harley Davidson Forums

Installing FuelPak

Ranger63

I would like to know if anybody has experience in installing a fuelpak on a 2009 sprtster 1200, the instructions seem easy, are there any tips one can offer. Once installed do you just set the reference code given by Vance & Hines ( FuelPak ) and thats all, the instruction says something about setting each rpm range ... any help would be appriciated.
Thanks in advance.

You should be able to go to Vance & Hines website and type in your bike make, model and the type of pipes you have and it should give you the correct list for your set up.

I'm about to do this myself. There's a local place up here that does $30 dyno runs on Thursdays, so I'm going to install everything and have a professional tune it for me. I wouldn't know what any of the directions were telling me to do.

You have to use one of V&H's maps, you cant customize your self. Install is very easy on any bike, hardest part is where to attach the box.

I would like to know if anybody has experience in installing a fuelpak on a 2009 sprtster 1200, the instructions seem easy, are there any tips one can offer. Once installed do you just set the reference code given by Vance & Hines ( FuelPak ) and thats all, the instruction says something about setting each rpm range ... any help would be appriciated.
Thanks in advance.

I have installed a fuelpak this spring and it is fairly easy. Make sure you also clibrate your throttle on mode 21 or 19. Check your manual to confirm the Vance & hines website should have your correct settings.:D

I have installed a fuelpak this spring and it is fairly easy. Make sure you also clibrate your throttle on mode 21 or 19. Check your manual to confirm the Vance & hines website should have your correct settings.:D

I have been running the FP on my 07 Street bob for over a year..took about an hour from opening the box to riding the bike....been well pleased with it and no issues at all.....girlfriend just gave me a PCV for our anniversary so plan to try it out next weekend...may have a FP for sale soon if anyone is interested...:rider

....been well pleased with it and no issues at all.....girlfriend just gave me a PCV for our anniversary so plan to try it out next weekend...may have a FP for sale soon if anyone is interested...:rider

Just curious if you were pleased with the fuel pack and had it installed on the bike, why change to the PC ?

I'm about to do this myself. There's a local place up here that does $30 dyno runs on Thursdays, so I'm going to install everything and have a professional tune it for me. I wouldn't know what any of the directions were telling me to do.

Dont waste the $30. If you are just running a stock motor with air intake and exhaust changes the V&H map will be fine. You can call them for other maps as well as the ones ont heir site. Much easier than a PC. If you plan on cam or displacement changes get the PC for the future

Just curious if you were pleased with the fuel pack and had it installed on the bike, why change to the PC ?

#1 is the GF would really be ...ummm...displeased...if I didnt install her gift of love...:>)...and YES,she will be watching/helping...

#2..undisputedly,the PCV is way beyond the technology of the FP...I doubt I would have bought a PC myself but having been given one,I would be an idiot not to use it....and I can always go back to the 'status quo'...:bigsmiley24: :rider

Back