free website stats program Installing a 2008 6 gallon tank on 2005 | Harley Davidson Forums

Installing a 2008 6 gallon tank on 2005

Does anyone know if a 6 gallon gas tank from a 2008 screamin eagle street glide will be an easy fit to replace my 5 gallon tank on my 2005 electraglide. Also would the outer fairing from a 2012 street glide fit my 2005 electraglide. Are there any cross reference sites that might answer questions like this. Thanks

Although I haven't tried I would seriously doubt they would fit. There were so many changes between 2008 and 2005, not to mention the difference in models between SG and EG.
WAP.gif

Does anyone know if a 6 gallon gas tank from a 2008 screamin eagle street glide will be an easy fit to replace my 5 gallon tank on my 2005 electraglide. Also would the outer fairing from a 2012 street glide fit my 2005 electraglide. Are there any cross reference sites that might answer questions like this. Thanks

A simple answer would be to look in the P and A catalog in the sheet metal and or index to see what years parts may fit

I had been thinking the same. But I was looking at a 6 gallon on a 1993. Bottom line is,... You can make anything work. It all boils down to how much of a modification your willing to do. Also,... ya gotta ask yourself. Is all that extra work worth only adding an extra gallon of gas? The 6 gallon tank mounts differently at it's base near the seat. Since your looking at using a 2008. You should, with mods. Be able to fabricate the tank to mount to your 2005. I dont believe there would be any steering issues or clearance between the tank and the front end. The motor company didnt do any changes in the neck frame.

zoood

NOT from first hand knowledge:
The mounts are different so some welding would be involved but to paraphrase others, use a big enough hammer and a cutting torch and you can make anything fit.

Back