free website stats program Installing 16" apes on a 2007 Softail Deluxe | Harley Davidson Forums

Installing 16" apes on a 2007 Softail Deluxe

JIM KOVACH

Over the winter I am thinking about adding 16" apes to my 2007 Softail Deluxe. As I have found, it's no probem finding the bars and even the extended wire kits in the usual catalogs, but not so for the throttle, clutch and brake extensions.
Can anyone who has done this let me know who handles (about) + 14" clutch cables; throttle cables and brake hose.

Thanks,

Jim

everyone I know uses Barnett for the cables and Goodrich the brakes. Are you doing internal wiring? Don't forget to file the hole in the bars so the vibration doesn't end up cutting your wires if you are.

Roger on the internal wiring - I did it on the "old" bike a few years ago - had to drill my own holes and made sure they were deburred with one of those revolving blade tools - worked great - allows you to get inside the hole. This time I'm getting bars that are pre-drilled.

Thanks all for the info - I did look on the Barnett website and didn't realize they make cables and hoses to custom lengths. Does anyone know what their "platinum" covering is? Is it worth getting?

Jim

Hill Country Custom Cycles will sell you everything needed to swap out. All you will have to do is Buy the grips you want. They are already internal wired when you get them. I installed mine in about 4 hours. If you want braided SS line they also have them available. If I remember correctly the cost was between 500-600. They usually stock what you will need. Good Luck

Back