free website stats program Installed TFI...Wow!!!! | Harley Davidson Forums

Installed TFI...Wow!!!!

Mavagrand

Just finished installing the TFI unit on my scoot. All I can say is wow!!! She runs like a different bike. Much better throttle response. Haven't ridden any distance yet to see if it cools off the engine but it definately runs better. on the install, I actually removed my gas tank and ran the wires thru the harness and down to the TFI which i installed under my left side cover. fits good. i used the setting included with the TFI for a stock bike. insalled the unit, set the pots, fired her up and rode..couldn;t have been easier. Now I gotta put those SEII on again. Hope I dont have any waranty issues!

Yes it works well you will probley find your running rich as the setting they give you are way rich .. I still have to finish my tuning but i know i have dropped to 34 mpg when i was at 42-44 thats at the reccommended settings

Each bike must be a little different then ,on mine I had to add a bit to #2 and #3 over thier suggested setting to get it to run just right and I havent seen my mileage drop off much at all Sorry it is #1 the bike stumbled until I got to 3oclock setting and hesitated until #3 got to 4 oclock position

Last edited:
But remember that if you pop it off for warranty issues to return to the dealer, remove the slip ons and stage 1 too.

regarding the warranty, its frustrating that I would have to remove something so simple as a fuel enhancement system and slip ons..but better safe than sorry. I noticed this morning, my radio has static in it..gonna pull the seat and see if I unplugged or damaged the antenna connection..

My dealer,after looking at the bike told me that as long as the TFI wasnt causing any non-run issues it wouldnt affect my warranty,What is anyones experience here,is he right? I travel in the summer and I'm sure not going to carry my stock pipes and air cleaner with me!

Steve, it varies from dealer to dealer, some will tell you that as soon as you install anything that your warranty is void which isn't true. They want to make the $$$ by doing the installations.

It all comes down to how the dealer wants to view it and not what's right at all.

Yes it works well you will probley find your running rich as the setting they give you are way rich .. I still have to finish my tuning but i know i have dropped to 34 mpg when i was at 42-44 thats at the reccommended settings

I did also drop to about 33 mpg. I saw on here somewhere to turn the green pot back a little to improve mileage.

The second pot (accelerator) can be lowered significantly with no ill effects.
The factory suggested settings are a bit on the rich side too.

Back