free website stats program Installed oil temp gauge | Harley Davidson Forums

Installed oil temp gauge

Mavagrand

Just installed that oil temperature gauge I ordered. It is a roger mcewan gauge and is good quality and matches the factory ones. on a fifteen minute ride the oil got up to 200* here in Florida. only problem is after install my "low fuel" light is illuminated and my "miles to empty" function on the odo just has lines across it, not right. I did unplug the fuel gauge to make room for me to install the oil temp gauge but plugged it back in..everything else works fine..just the warning light and the miles to empty read out...any ideas? do i need to unplug the master fuse or someothing...????

you mean the new gauge that I installed?? the fit was tight inside the fairing and I did have to wiggle the plug to get it on the gauge..would that affect the fuel gaguge?? if I bent it, how do i FIX IT??

i know the black wire that ran from the new plug to the bike's wiring didn't feel very tight when I plugged it in. do you think that might be it??

Last edited by a moderator:
you mean the new gauge that I installed?? the fit was tight inside the fairing and I did have to wiggle the plug to get it on the gauge..would that affect the fuel gaguge?? if I bent it, how do i FIX IT??

Inspect the plugs carefully.

Straighten any bent tabs in the plug and reconnect it making sure it's fully connected.:D

Check both plugs you worked with.

Back