free website stats program Installed forward controls | Harley Davidson Forums

Installed forward controls

just bought my first harley and it fits ok. having long legs i needed forwards. found a set local for $60.00. installed them on saturday and the best thing i have done. the hardest part was removing the belt cover to remove the right foot peg. another hurdle i over came was the left foot peg. once the foot peg was removed the cover bolts were too long to install. so i made spacers out of washers. really dont see this unless you are lying on the ground looking under the engine.
here are some pics of the finished job............dan

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 32
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 32
You are really going to enjoy not getting hit in the back of your legs every time you stop.......:small3d026:

Nice looking install
I have thought of doing similar to my sportster but I do have highway pegs so can move about a wee bit on longer journeys

Brian

thanks guys for the commits. i took her for a nice ride today (i am thinking the last ride of the season) she just felt right.
i have to install a speedo, another seat with a back rest and sort out the carb issue. tried seafoam thinking it would help but it did not. carb has to come off and opened up. hoping to find a pilot circuit clog.
other then that she made my eyes water. god do these engines pull. would love to know how fast i was going but with the eyes watering it was fast. yes i was wearing glasses :D...........dan

tried seafoam thinking it would help but it did not. carb has to come off and opened up. hoping to find a pilot circuit clog.

Good luck with the carb cleaning. Seafoam alone never did me any good either when I had a carb model. Always had to tear 'em apart and clean 'em out.

Back