free website stats program Inspection Report from HD | Harley Davidson Forums

Inspection Report from HD

TQuentin1

Staff member
The following question was asked by a member in a PM:

Once I get these two maintenance projects (tire change and fluids change) accomplished I plan to have a H-D dealer do a Inspection Report. I know little about this machine, so the $111 charge is warranted. I did get a few records of work done at Mancuso Harley in Houston, but mostly adding on stuff and warranty work.

I am not sure what you are looking for from the HD Dealership with respect to an Inspection Report. Personally, with your experience working on your other vehicles, I think you will be miles ahead getting the HD Factory Service Manual and the Owner's Manual for your bike (both new will be less then the $111 you listed above) and going through the maintenance procedures yourself. That way you know that the procedures were done and you will know they are done right. Any questions about something, and you can come back to the Forum for some of the best advice available. In my experience, the HD Dealership will identify a number of projects that they strongly suggest THEY do for you.

TQ

I agree with TQ completely here.

Do the inspection yourself with the help of a manual and the forum and KNOW that it has been done. Too many times the dealer will do a quick once over and give the bike a blessing followed by a bill for what they were "supposed" to do. There are exceptions to this with some reputable dealers but doing it yourself will be not only rewarding but you know the work has been done.

Be ready for things like TQ mentions that they will gladly do for you at an additional charge.

I agree with T Q and The Boss, save your money, buy a manual and post your questions here, it will be more of a learning experience that way JMO:s

Save your money for the things you may find wrong. No one cares more about your bike than you right.

Back