free website stats program Inpirational Note | Harley Davidson Forums

Inpirational Note

Sharky1948

A few weeks ago, our local HOG Chapter had a couple of members seriously injured in two separate accidents after a group ride. It was amazing to watch the brothers and sisters come together to support one another. The note below is from one of the guys who got t-boned on his way home. I think the courage and determination is just phenomenal. I saw his dad at a chapter meeting on Sunday, and the injured rider is back at work in a wheel chair, despite doctor's orders and despite the fact that he is still at risk of losing his foot. He already has a trike conversion kit on order.

The note follows:

"I can't thank you enough for all of your thoughts, visits to the hospital, flowers, etc. All of you guys are cool as hell. I am so grateful for the support I've received and am so proud to be a part of such a great group of riders.

My heart goes out too <female chapter member.> I wish her a speedy recovery and poor <her husband>, I'd send him over my wife to help out but if I did that I'd be SOL since I don't even know how to start the laundry machine. LOL

There is still talk of the possibility of amputating part of my right leg or fusing my foot to my calf. If that happens, I will need <club member> to teach me to dance while I walk so no one will notice. Or I can borrow his leopard speedos to wear so all eyes will be elsewhere. LOL

You may not see me walk for a while, but You will see me ride again soon

Dance like there's no one watching, sing like no one is listening, love like you'll never get hurt, and ride like theres no tomorrow."

ps. I love the last line. I've stolen it for my own signature line.

Back